June 23, 2012

Published Saturday, June 23, 2012 by with 0 comment

Katy Perry : "I Want To Be Like Madonna"


Katy Perry tampil beda di cover majalah Italia L'Uomo Vogue edisi Juli/Agustus 2012. Dalam wawancara nya, Katy menyatakan kalo dia pengen jadi Ikon seperti Madonna.
On the effect of spending time in Nashville :
"I went to Nashville to officially record a gospel album, but I wound up with artists and composers of various other types of music far more secular, like country and folk. At that time there was also a very lively indie scene. I think there I learned to compose songs that are intended to tell a story, in which the text plays an important role and is not relegated to the role of mere filler. Songs in which to express my personality and my feelings, because that can possibly resonate with the listener. It was there that I made ​​my first acquaintance with the music of great artists like Jonatha Brooke and Patty Griffin, but the most formative of my career as a songwriter was perhaps finally finding myself alone with my guitar, free to create."
On her desire to 'evolve like Madonna':
"I think Madonna, especially early in his career, when she was laying the foundations of her character, has been able to evolve constantly, managing to give the audience at every appearance a new visual interpretation and concept of herself. She was able to keep up the interest of the people, because you never knew with what she would come out with the next time. And, regularly, has offered a solid and consistent musical product. I hope to do the same, to make sure that people continue to be interested in me and in ten years, to find out, looking back, I have produced songs that will never be forgotten."
On her opinion about the recent statements by President Obama in favor of marriage between same sex couples :
"I believe in equality. I believe in love without any limits. I come from a family environment where the topic lived with many prejudices, but I have shrugged them off. I hope that one day we will look to this period somewhat 'as today we look to the period of the civil rights struggles of blacks in America in the '60s, which is a mixture of shame and how we are happy for the progress made."
On her look :
"My sense of style is like one of those rings that change color with mood, always evolving. When I get up, I choose my outfit depending on my mood. If it is a 'mixture of many things' it is because I feel many different emotions at the same time, to the point where you feel you almost have a split personality."

      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment